Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Catching Up with Posting

I see my last post was at the end of June, so I have some catching up to do. This post will cover projects completed in July just before I had to move again. (For new subscribers: My apartment was renovated by the building owners this summer, so I was moved off-site to a temporary apartment in early April, then moved back here on July 26th. Can you say "nightmare"?)


Project 1:  A JAM

A JAM is a set of three ATCs completed by three people, where one person starts it by supplying three identical bases as a starting point, a second person adds to them, and a third person finishes them up and sends the finished cards to the other two players while keeping one for herself.

I forgot to take a picture of the bases I got when they arrived from the first person, but here they are after I added my contribution of silver Dazzles stickers and corner bling:


and then the completed JAM:


Thank you to Lori and Margie for playing! There's no telling what will happen with three cooks in the kitchen (so to speak), but I think in this case the JAM was a success!


Project 2:  Birthday card for my friend Chris

Front:

Card is made with the new Stampin' Up! set Age Awareness, which I totally adore!  Here's the inside:



Project 3:  Birthday card for Margie

Front:

For this card I used both Age Awareness and a Raisin Boat stamp set called Guilty Pleasures. I colored the ice cream and cake with Derwent Inktense pencils. (Remember, you can always click a picture to see it enlarged.)


Here's the little added sentiment at the bottom:



Project 4:  4th of July card

I wish I could take full credit for this card, but in reality it a CASE from Sandi MacIver, whose video you can see here. I wasn't able to find my glimmer paper, so I punched some stars and used Wink of Stella on them.





And finally, Project 5:  Work of Art

I can't begin to express how much I love, love, LOVE this set! It is just so much FUN!  Lookie!:

Card 1:

(Yeah, I know I got a little carried away with the sequins on this one. Oops!)



Card 2:

(Whew! Glad I got those sequins under control!)


Card 3:

The colors I chose to work with are four of Stampin' Up!'s 2013-2015 In Colors - Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Coastal Cabana. I think it's pretty cool that SU! came out with sequins in these colors this year!


Card 4:

Notice the wavy edges on the white layer? Those were done by converting my Stampin' Trimmer into a rotary trimmer and using the small scallop blade. Super easy way to add such a nice touch! Hmmm... I'm still not too sure about the three lines of rhinestones on this one.


Card 5:


Card 6:


Card 7:

This card came together so quickly that I felt guilty about it for awhile, until a friend pointed out that it's very CAS (Clean and Simple) style, which is big these days in the stamping community. Bet you didn't think you'd be seeing something trendy here, did you? Me, either.



Card 8:


Not bad for a couple evenings of just playing around, huh?

I won't torture you with my usual question, "Which is your favorite?" - but if you want to leave a comment about any of these cards, or if you have a question, just let me know.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Stay tuned for my next blog post, which is just around the corner since I already have some NEW cards made. Hold on to your hats, too, because there will be a Special Announcement I can't wait to share with you, (but will). LOL!

With hopes you're having a delightful Autumn in your corner of the world,
Joyce Spear, a.k.a. Stamper Joyce
     

5 comments:

very_inky_fingers said...

WoW! You are one busy stamper. I do love the works of art... those swooshes are way cool. The flag one is awesome but I have no clear favorite. I do love all of those colors.
The JAM came out so great. I used to do ATC's but somehow got away from it. It is super fun to work with a small palette.
I went back and looked and have decided.. card number 8 is my favorite. I think.
P.S. Got my first Raisin Boat sets.. great idea!

Kristie Goulet said...

These are great, Joyce!

Chriserendipity said...

Great cards -- wonderful variety! TFS!
Chris

christina d said...

I love the atcs, they came out cute. The cards are great too. I really love my birthday card. I pinned all the work of art ones so I can play with the set myself.

christina d said...

I love all the art, especially my birthday card! I love what you did with work of art.