Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fifty Christmas Cards - Batch Six: Christmas Star

I'm not one to buy a lot of Christmas/holiday stamps, partly because they're so seasonal and partly because I'm so persnickity about what I like. Every now and then, though, a stamp WOWs me -- and Stampin' Up!'s single stamp Christmas Star did that to me this year. It's a big star, a full 4 1/4" across, with flourishes. The bonus is that if you score on the lines, you can easily create a three-dimensional star! I utilized this feature to make seven 3-D cards after first making one card with the star simply embossed in gold:


I used the sentiments from the Calm Christmas set on both the front and inside of all eight cards. I love this first card for its simplicity, and in person the gold embossing is stunning. I kept the card clean and simple by simply adding a trio of square brads in one corner. I had some gold cardstock in my stash, so that's what I used for the card base.

The rest of these cards are all the same except for the color of the card base:






Card bases are Bermuda Bay, Cherry Cobbler, Gold (non-SU!), Night of Navy, and Real Red. The accent lines were hand drawn with a gold Sharpie (some better than others, sigh). I attached the star with a 1/8" pop dot in the center and micro pop dots under all five points. A clear rhinestone graces the center of each star.

I made two more with silver embossing powder instead of the gold:



These last two card bases are Bermuda Bay and Night of Navy. I personally like the ones that are gold embossed better.

------------------

As of this writing, all fifty unique cards for my neighbor's order are completed -- twelve days ahead of schedule, and with eight cards being bought by another customer a week ago! When I accepted the order, I wasn't totally convinced I would be able to meet the deadline, but I pushed myself and am so proud I did it! My neighbor is super happy with every one of the cards and is already talking about placing a similar order for Valentines Day cards.

I will be posting photos of the remaining cards tomorrow. I believe the last batch of cards is the prettiest of them all!

Starry smiles,
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)
    

No comments: